Saturday, June 7, 2014

Update

So I've recently jump-started my weight loss once again by introducing Intermittent Fasting into my eating routine.  I had read many people online saying to try it and it helped them, so I figured I'd give it a try.  While at the restaurant it's hard to not want to eat all the time, but perseverance has paid off.  I eat my last meal before dinner service, somewhere between 4 and 5 and don't feed again (aside from tasting dishes here and there) until my morning Bulletproof Coffee at 7 or 8 am.  So anywhere from 14-16 hours of fasting, most of which is during busy dinner service periods, driving home and sleeping, so it's been relatively easy as my brain is occupied or I have no access to food during all those times.  It also has helped me evaluate my hunger quite a bit more and come more in tune with my body.  As many people can probably relate to this story:  You are told most of you life to eat many small meals and make sure you don't skip one, Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, Dinner, Dessert...  That overwhelms me just thinking about trying to manage calorie intake and nutrients, nevermind logging all that food into MyFitnessPal every time I eat!  I have structured my eating patterns to coincide my hunger with my eating schedule, my two meals I eat each day are typically around 500-800 calories, plus my 2 cups of Bulletproof Coffee is just under 400 calories, I typically eat under 2000 a day and don't really ever go hungry "MUST EAT NOW!!!"  There is a calming effect to hunger on Keto, you know you should eat, but it's going to be ok if you don't get to it right now, I'll just keep burning fat (lord knows I've got plenty to feed off of!)  Before on the high carbohydrate roller coaster it was all I could think about until I got something to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment