Tuesday, July 8, 2014

07.08.14

This past week I took the IF'ing to a whole new level/extreme, starting last Wednesday (the 2nd) I ate all my calories for the day in a 2 hour window.  I thought I might share my experiences and how it went:

It's hard to ingest 2000 calories...  If it wasn't for my BPC (bullet proof coffee) I think I would really have a hard time with not only my macros, but also being able to fit in all that food.  I would begin by planning out my meal in the morning with the available food in my fridge and tweak it to make sure I was getting my protein and fat allotments, carbohydrates ended up being less than a net of 10 most days.  I really enjoyed this aspect of this regimen as I was only required to log, cook and eat once a day, really liberating.  As I've written about before with Fat Fasting it seems that all you think about during the day is your next 200 calorie meal, not the case with this, I didn't really think about food at all!

I lost 4 pounds...  Recently my exercising has appeared to be affecting my weight loss, either through water retention or through muscle building it is unclear, but I wasn't seeing the loss that I was happy with.  While still on a general downward trend, I would gain, then lose, then gain, then lose.  So I quit exercising.  It's hard not to get frustrated when you feel like you should have a good loss for the week and you step on the scale and it's up 2-3 pounds!  I don't know if it's related, but I feel like I'm smaller during the IF, it's almost as if I can feel the fat melting away as I rely on my body's storage for a majority of the day.

Yes there's some hunger throughout the day...  There is but not really, hard to describe.  I feel a twinge in my stomach, but drinking water, or as I prefer, brewed iced tea generally satisfies any feelings going on down there.  Last year I bought a 72oz Bubba Keg and I drink at least 1 of them while at work, usually closer to 2 during the course of the day.

I enjoyed it...  I didn't really experience any downside to this WOE, I doubt I'll be as strict on my weekend, but during the work week I think it's a great way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment